Staff Scientist in Mass Spectrometry (f/m/x)
At the forefront of scientific discovery, the Institute for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine (iTERM) is committed to understanding the complex 3D structures and molecular identities of biological samples. We have a team-driven culture that encourages open communication, mutual support, and collective problem-solving. Our multidisciplinary team, consisting of experts from the fields of biology, chemistry, engineering, and computer science, works in unison to gain a comprehensive understanding of interconnected biological systems, both in health and disease.
Our research revolves around the development of sophisticated experimental methods including deep learning algorithms (AI) for the generation and robust and unbiased analysis of vast imaging and molecular data. This pioneering work has been recognized by high-profile scientific journals including Nature Methods ,Pan…Ertürk, 2016, Nature Neuroscience, Cai…Ertürk 2018, Cell, Pan…Ertürk 2019, Cell, Zhao…Ertürk 2020, Cell, Bhatia…Ertürk 2022, Nature Biotechnology, Mai…Ertürk (in press), Cell, Kolabas…Ertürk (in press) and has been featured in prominent media outlets like the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and Süddeutsche Zeitung.
iTERM is situated in the vibrant Munich area, renowned for its high quality of life. Our team is international, interdisciplinary, and English-speaking. We are currently seeking highly motivated scientists to bolster our innovative institute.
We are in search of a dynamic and talented scientist (f/m/x) with proven expertise in mass spectrometry to develop and maintain a cutting-edge proteomics Bruker timsTOF SCP platform. The selected candidate will not only innovate and implement new advances in technology but also focus on the analysis of proteomics from cleared tissues.
Furthermore, they will be responsible for conducting bioinformatics relevant to proteomics to bolster our research efforts. Key responsibilities will include overseeing the proteomics platform, managing instrument maintenance, developing methods, and perform LC-MS workflow including sample preparation, method development and execution, data acquisition.
- Proficiency in handling LC-MS/MS with significant experience in method development and troubleshooting.
- Experience in developing and establishing sample preparation methods for tissue-laser dissections.
- Skill in implementing methods for Data-Dependent and Data-Independent Acquisition (DIA) mass spectrometry.
- Knowledge in analyzing post-translational modifications (phosphorylation, oxidation, lysine-acetylation).
- Competence in applying various protein quantification methods (stable isotope labeling/proteome-wide quantification techniques, including label-free, SILAC, or TMT).
- Adept at data analysis with specialized software (Spectronaut, DIA-NN, MaxQuant).
- Master Degree in a relevant field.
- Industry experience is a plus.
If you have further questions, simply contact Stefanie.Reitinger@helmholtz-muenchen.de, who will be happy to be of assistance.
|Helmholtz Zentrum München
Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Gesundheit und Umwelt (GmbH)
ITERM Institute for Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine
Ingolstädter Landstraße 1