Pan C, Schoppe O…Ertürk A. Deep learning reveals cancer metastasis and therapeutic antibody targeting in whole body. Corresponding author. (Cell, December 2019, Cover Article)
BioRxiv version: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/541862v1
• In this work, we developed deep learning algorithms to analyze cancer metastasis and therapeutic antibody targeting at single cell level in whole transparent mouse bodies
Zhao S, Todorov M, Cai M,..Ertürk A. Cellular and Molecular Probing of Intact Transparent Human Organs. Corresponding author.
• This work is the first to make intact human organs transparent for cellular and molecular mapping.
• It has ranked #2 in ~6700 papers in BioRxiv in 2019.
Todorov M, Paetzold J, Schoppe O,…Ertürk A. Automated analysis of whole-brain vasculature using machine learning.Corresponding author.
• This analysis whole mouse brain vasculature at micro capillary level using deep learning and analyzing it by registering to Allen brain atlas.
• It has ranked #6 in ~6600 papers in BioRxiv in 2019.
Cai R, Pan C…Ertürk A (2018,Nature Neuroscience, Cover article, February 2019 Issue). Panoptic imaging of transparent mice reveals whole-body neuronal connectivity and skull-meninges connections
[IF2017-2018 19.9] Corresponding author
- Ueda H and Ertürk A et al., (In press at Nature Neuroscience Reviews). Tissue Clearing and its Applications to Neuroscience.
- Parhizkar S... Ertürk A…Haass C. (2019, Nature Neuroscience). Loss of TREM2 function increases amyloid seeding but reduces plaque associated ApoE.
-Garvalov B, Ertürk A. Seeing whole-tumour heterogeneity. (2017, Nature Biomedical Engineering). [IF2017-2018 n.a.] Corresponding author
• A review/opinion on tissue clearing application for human tumor staging and phenotyping.
-Pan, C., Cai, R., Quacquarelli, F.P., Ghasemigharagoz, A., Lourbopoulos, A., Matryba, P., Plesnila, N., Dichgans, M., Hellal, F., and Ertürk, A. (2016 Nature Methods, Cover article of October 2016 Issue). Shrinkage-mediated imaging of entire organs and organisms using uDISCO.
• This method renders entire adult rodents transparent for whole-body imaging at subcellular resolution. It provides the basis to map neuronal, glial, and vascular connections. The work was highlighted by media worldwide (link) including New York Times(also 1st page of printed version), Wall Street Journal, NBC news, Business Insider, Nature and Science magazines.
• It was also chosen as one of the top 10 scientific images of 2016 by Nature (link)2.
• It is the second most “liked”, “shared” and “viewed” highlight video in Nature social page ever (link).
Ertürk A, Mentz S, Stout E et al., (2016, J of Neuroscience). Interfering with the Chronic Immune Response Rescues Chronic Degeneration After Traumatic Brain Injury.
•This works demonstrates that TBI induces chronic neurodegeneration and inflammation in the injured brain. Blocking immune cell activation via a genetic model rescues degeneration in a sex-dependent way.
- Ertürk A, Wang Y and Sheng M. (2014, J of Neuroscience). Local pruning of dendrites and spines by caspase-3-dependent and proteasome-limited mechanisms.
[IF2014 6.3] Corresponding author
• Cai R, Pan C…Ertürk A. Panoptic imaging of transparent mice reveals whole-body neuronal connectivity and skull-meninges connections https://www.biorxiv.org/content/early/2018/07/23/374785
• Garvalov B, Ertürk A. Seeing whole-tumour heterogeneity. Nat. Biomed. Eng. DOI: 10.1038/s41551-017-0150-5 (2017).
• Pan, C., *Cai, R., *Quacquarelli, F.P., Ghasemigharagoz, A., Lourbopoulos, A., Matryba, P., Plesnila, N., Dichgans, M., Hellal, F., and Ertürk, A. (2016). Shrinkage-mediated imaging of entire organs and organisms using uDISCO. Nat Methods (Cover of October 2016 issue) >>>PDF
- Previous publications:
- • *Ertürk A, Mentz S, Stout E et al. (2016): Interfering with the Chronic Immune Response Rescues Chronic Degeneration After Traumatic Brain Injury. J of Neuroscience, *Co-corresponding author
- • *Ertürk A, Wang Y and *Sheng M. (2014): Local pruning of dendrites and spines by caspase-3-dependent and proteasome-limited mechanisms. J of Neuroscience, *Co-corresponding author >>>PDF
- • Chen Y, Wang Y, Ertürk A, Kollap D, Jiang D, Weimer R, Kaminker J and Sheng M. (2014): Activity-induced Nr4a1 regul1ates spine density and distribution pattern of excitatory synapses in CA1 pyramidal neurons. Neuron
- • *Ertürk A, Lafkas D, Chalouni C. (2014): Imaging cleared intact biological samples at a cellular level by 3DISCO. Jove. *Corresponding author. >>>PDF
- • Sheng M and Ertürk A. (2014): Long-term depression – a cell biological view. Philosophical transactions of the Royal Society of London Series B, Biological sciences
- • *Ertürk A, and *Bradke F. (2013): High-resolution imaging of entire organs by 3-dimensional imaging of solvent cleared organs (3DISCO). Experimental Neurology (Cover of the special issue), *Co-corresponding author
- • *Ertürk A, Becker K, Jaehrling N, Mauch CP, Hojer CD, Egen J, et al. (2012): Three-dimensional imaging of solvent cleared organs using 3DISCO. Nature Protocols. (Cover article of the 2012 November Nature issue), *Corresponding author >>>PDF
- • Ertürk A, Mauch C.P., Hellal F., Forstner F., Keck T., Becker K., Jahrling N., Steffens H., Richter M., Hubener M., et al. (2012): Three-dimensional imaging of the unsectioned adult spinal cord to assess axon regeneration and glial responses after injury. Nature Medicine, (Cover article of the 2012 January Nature Medicine issue) >>>PDF
- • Usher LC*, Johnstone A*, Ertürk A et al. (2010): A chemical screen identifies novel compounds that overcome glial–mediated inhibition of neuronal regeneration, J of Neuroscience
- • Ylera B*, Ertürk A*, Hellal F, Nadrigny F, Hurtado A, Tahirovic S, Oudega M, Kirchhoff F, Bradke F (2009): Chronically injured adult sensory axons in the CNS acquire regenerative competence following a lesion of their peripheral process. Current Biology,*Co-first author >>>PDF
- • Ertürk A, Hellal F, Enes J, Bradke F (2007): Disorganized microtubules underlie the formation of retraction bulbs and the failure of axonal regeneration, J of Neuroscience >>>PDF
- • Akgul G, Ertürk A, Turkoz M, Turan T et al. (2005): Role of lipooligosaccharide in the attachment of Moraxella catarrhalis to human pharyngeal epithelial cells, Microbiol Immunology
- Book chapter:
- *Ertürk A (2014): High-resolution 3D imaging of intact transparent organs by 3DISCO. Fluorescence Microscopy: Super-Resolution and other Novel Techniques, by Elsevier, Edited by Cornea A. and Conn PM (Cover of the book)